Session 1: Getting Started
1) Watch "5 Fundamental Truths About Resumes" on Lynda.com's Resume Makeover.
2) Discussion Questions: What were your thoughts about resumes while playing the role of "interviewer"? What's your resume experiences? What hang-ups or concerns do we have about resumes? Review Resume Tips for Ex-Offenders and Companies That Hire Felons (and this and this).
3) Complete Resume Roadmap Step 1.
Session 2: Do Your Research
1) Study job descriptions in your industry to learn "keywords" employers are looking for.
2) Visit jobs4tn.gov and/or The Occupational Outlook Handbook to see what skills and qualifications employers are looking for in your industry.
3) Complete Step Number 2 of the Resume Roadmap.
Session 3: So What? - The Career Summary
1) Complete Steps 3-5 of the Resume Roadmap.
2) Watch "The Summary Section" on Lynda.com's Resume Makeover.
3) On your resume roadmap draft a sample Career Summary in writing.
Session 4: Resume Time!
1) Download this resume template and transfer your Career Summary from your Resume Roadmap to the template.
2) Complete your "Areas of Expertise" with details from Step Number 5 of the Resume Roadmap; fill out as much as you can.
3) Upload your resume to Google Drive for next week.
4) Come prepared next week with your work history and necessary details to complete your resume!
Session 5: Finishing Your Resume
1) Watch "Finalizing Your Resume" on Lynda.com.
2) Download your resume from Google Drive.
3) Complete the Professional Experience and other remaining resume sections.
4) Save your Resume as a .doc file and PDF and upload to Google Drive for later use.