Arconic Foundation Global Internship Program
Now Accepting Applications for August 1 - September 14, 2022
Complete the application and return via email to:
You may also mail the application to:
Blount County Public Library
C/o Jackie Taylor
508 N. Cusick Street
Maryville, TN 37804
Contact Ms. Taylor at the email address above if you have questions.
About the Program
The Arconic Foundation Global Internship Program is a 6-week paid internship program designed to help transition young adults ages 18 - 26 into manufacturing careers. Interns earn up to $1,000.
It consists of three components:
- Workforce Readiness and Training: 15 (4-hour) days of instructor-led, online soft and digital skills classes, 60 hours, in-person.
- Internship: 100 hours
of hands-on manufacturing experience interning with a Blount County
manufacturer. OR -- 100 hours of Tooling U courses over 5 weeks that you complete on your own with regular check-ins with the class and instructor.
- Career Planning and Placement: three half-days of Follow-up, a Career Fair, and Graduation.
Participants must complete all three
Mock job interviews and virtual job fairs
A mock job interview will be offered during Workforce Readiness and Training, and a job fair will be offered as a part of Career Planning and Placement.
What You Gain:
- A Production Associate Certificate from Tooling-U SME
resumes, reference lists, and job interview skills
- Skills that will help you succeed at
- Hands-on experience with a local manufacturer or technical skills gained remotely through Tooling U
- Certificates with some manufacturers, in areas such as forklift operation and safety
Seats are limited to 10 interns.
Videos from Previous Rounds
The Arconic Foundation Global Internship Program is generously funded by the Arconic Foundation and implemented by the Institute of International Education. It is hosted by the Blount County Friends of the Library, the Blount County Public Library, and Blount Partnership, in collaboration with 16 manufacturing companies in the county.
partners include the Knoxville Urban League, Pellissippi State Technical Community College, the University
of Tennessee College Access and Persistence Services Outreach Center, the
American Job Center, and the Tennessee College of Applied Technology.