Arconic Foundation Global Internship Program
We are now accepting applications for the January-March 2019 round of internships.
- Contact Jackie Taylor Tente at (865) 680-7668 or email@example.com. You will be scheduled for an interview. Please do NOT call the library.
- Download and complete the application. Bring it with you to your interview.
Deadline to Apply: January 24, 2019
About the Program
The Arconic Foundation Global Internship Program is a 7-week paid internship program designed to help transition young adults ages 18 - 26 into manufacturing careers. It consists of three components:
- three weeks of Workforce Readiness Training ($300);
- 100 hours of hands-on manufacturing experience interning with a Blount County manufacturer ($1,000); and
- three half-days of Follow-up,
a Career Fair, and Graduation ($60). Participants must complete all three
What You Do:
participate in 3 paid weeks of workforce readiness training ($300 stipend)
100 paid hours with a local manufacturer ($1,000 stipend)
3 paid half-days of follow up, including a job fair and graduation ($60
What You Gain:
resumes, reference lists, and job interview skills
- Skills that will help you succeed at
- Hands-on experience with a local manufacturer
- Certificates with some manufacturers, in areas such as forklift operation and safety
Seats are limited to 20 interns.
Videos from Previous Rounds
The Arconic Foundation Global Internship Program is generously funded by the Arconic Foundation and implemented by the Institute of International Education. It is hosted by the Blount County Friends of the Library, the Blount County Public Library, and Blount Partnership, in collaboration with 16 manufacturing companies in the county.
partners include the Knoxville Urban League, Pellissippi State Technical Community College, the University
of Tennessee College Access and Persistence Services Outreach Center, the
American Job Center, and the Tennessee College of Applied Technology.